Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 05:22 PM   #21
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
E450 Suspension Upgrades

I’ve got a 2018 Outlaw 29H that we picked up last August. After bringing it back 5 hours from the dealer for Warranty work a couple weeks ago in windy conditions and a parade of 18-wheelers I decided enough is enough with the terrible handling.

I really wanted the Weldtec lift and suspension kit posted by another member but I could not find anyone local to install it.

After reading dozens of threads and the almost 100% consensus it makes a night and day difference, I decided to go with the Roadmaster Steering Stabilizer and Hellwig front and rear sway bars. From videos and reading install instructions I felt I could do the installation myself. These were all direct replacements with no drilling and should make a noticeable improvement.

Just ordered everything from Amazon yesterday. I’m almost getting old too be crawling around underneath the rig to do this tripe of work by I figured it is well worth the aches and pains afterwards.

I’ll post results once I get it installed and road tested. After I see how that all works out, my next plan is for an alignment and have them do a shock upgrade.

I noticed the Levelers can be adjusted upwards so I may do that to get some extra clearance and use some blocks when needed for leveling. That won’t help with the low clearance for the tank drain but I’ll fix that once it gets ripped off at some point from being so low to the ground.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum