Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 02:47 AM   #1
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Just returned...

Just got back from our Labor Day trip (yeah left a day early). We were in a no-internet zone (in Canada..don't want those roaming charges).
Spent the weekend at a "state park" there (The Pinery Provincial park: http://www.pinerypark.on.ca/).
I experimented with the awning, putting it away lowered by two notches. It turns out you can put away the awning with it lowered--lowering it just changes the pivot point on the lowest arm and does not change the way it stows.

Going across the border to Canada the motorhome in front of us had their rear slide out about 6"!

Coming back into the US the TSA officer was asking more about the Axis than security questions!

Our lower drawer decided to "let go"--looks like the latch holding it in for travel broke. As a bonus when I had the drawer out I found a completely wired up 120V outlet just lying on the floor! I figure it is/was the outlet for the outside TV which ours doesn't have LOL. I may have to find a place for it in the kitchen area.

When making the last turn to the house the bathroom door slammed open and jammed against the fridge--the post that rides in the track came loose allowing the door to wedge against the fridge hinges. Sigh I may be disassembling a door tomorrow...

Other than that camping was great:
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum