Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 09:41 PM   #15
DenverTransplant

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
My 2017 ACE was plain scary to drive when we first got it. Wind or passing trucks would push us all over the place and freeway expansion joints made the whole rig porpoise to the edge of losing control.

Since then we've
- Added a Safe-T-Plus steering stabiliszer
- Changed the OEM Bilstein shocks to Koni FSD's
- Installed a SuperSteer rear track bar
- Done the CHF front and rear

Its a different coach. Passing trucks don't push me around and wind gusts are far less of a problem. The coach still bounces a bit over expansion joints and such, but its a fraction of what it was. Only issue I still have is on windey two lane roads we lean a lot and I end up taking the curves at 5-10 MPH below what the squiggly yellow signs say.

I'm in the process of trying to decide between Sumo Springs or new RoadMaster sway bars. I'm leaning (pun intended) towards the Sumos and I am trying to locate a local shop.

I've contacted one that I've seen cited as doing Sumo Springs and am having trouble getting them to respond. The owner did call me back and apologized for the mix up. However she didn't seem to know much about Sumo Springs and was pushing me towards new leaf springs. She was going to research and call me back. But I haven't gotten that call back yet.

If I don't hear from them I'll have to move on. Hopefully the Ford Medium Duty Truck center here in Denver might be able to it. I do have to go in for some routine maintenance. Last place I want to go is the big RV dealers in town, one of which is the no service Camping World. The guy who has his 5th wheel parked next to me in storage says he went to LazyDays for service and they left his 5th wheel power on for a month and destroyed his batteries and then denied responsibility. He did say it gave him an excuse for him to get a set of Battle Born lithium batteries.
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum