Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 04:53 PM   #6
rbmartiniv

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Texas
THOR #2871
Thanks for the info, Dave. I'll check out the DVD and TVs today. Didn't get it home until after 6PM last night due to 2 wrecks on I-20 from Dallas. It was a nightmare! All the family came over after I got home to look at it so most of my time was simply showing them around. I've been going through all the manuals this morning just to see what was there and i have downloaded some additional info from the internet. I'll be putting together a file box so I can locate everything easily. A gas engine is definitely different from a diesel but I had no power-related problems. It actually drove better than my 2007 Fleetwood Discovery did and unless I was on a steep hill and the transmission downshifted a couple of gears, it wasn't as noisy as the Discovery was. I stopped to fill up when I got home and wasn't real fond of where the gas fill is located. It was up front just behind the driver on each side and easy to see when you were in position. With the filler in the rear I had to get out to see if the hose would reach and then get back in and move it a couple of times. Then when the rear end is even with the pump the coach is blocking a lot of real estate at the pumps. That will take some getting used to and looking for stations where I will have ample room. Another little thing that disappointed me just a tad is the rear and side view camera monitor. The screen is only 6" (was 7.2" in the D), the display is not as crisp/clear, and there are no backup guides on it. But for $100,000 less than a new Discovery I can live with all of that and more!!!!

I look forward to participating and learning in this forum. Thanks a bunch.

Robert
Nacogdoches, TX
2016 Thor Challenger 37KT

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum