Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 01:16 PM   #12
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Interesting on that Euro model: the drop down bunk is manual (see that he just grabs it and pulls it down). Since we in the US like our bells & whistles all the drop down bunks are power (either that or they think that all of us obese people simply don't have the muscle to drop the bunk! LOL).

When I first saw the glass cover on the stove in the Thor models I thought that they had installed an inductive cooktop. That would have been really cool.

Those Chausson motorhomes are quite interesting:
Chausson motorhomes. The proper balance between equipment and price

Check out the class C units and how the bed in front gets a "buldge":

Looking at those I can see why there is that company importing Axis/Vegas units to Europe--they fit right in!
Jamie, the bed is electric. He reaches up because the switch appears to be mounted on bed frame and moves up and down. I kind of like that because it gives the operator added physical feedback of what he/she is doing instead of relying simply on visual feedback.

The glass cover over stove is a great idea in my opinion and should be offered as an option on Axis/Vegas for those who like them. It yields more counter surface area in a small RV. Plus it just looks a lot cleaner than typical gas stove that rattles and we rarely use anyway.

The 610 model in video review is under 22-ft long, has no slides, probably no generator or standard AC, and is built on light-duty front-wheel-drive van chassis limited to under 8,000 pounds (+/- 3,500 kg) -- either Ford or Fiat.

It's hard to compare such a small motorhome directly to an Axis. Exterior size and fuel economy seems closer to a Sprinter Class B.

Regarding the Class C bulge over cab, that's a product of FWD. They seem to make motorhomes much lower to ground for fuel economy, handling, and ease of entry, so there would not be enough height for a bed over cab unless they add that bulge. However, because of its shape it's probably very aerodynamic versus making the entire motorhome taller. That's another big difference between American and Euro engineering. They at least try to make RVs that are stable and easy to drive and we make them bigger and taller and then install all kinds of gadgets to fix steering, sway, crosswinds, etc. not that there is anything wrong with that if "big" is what you need or want.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	841  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum