Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 01:00 PM   #6
DenverTransplant

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
On our 2027 ACE 30.1 swapped the door lock to a Bauer lock a couple of years agp

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The lock fit quite 4well with the only issue being that the lock bezel is a bit smaller than the decal cutout on the door. I have some sheet rubber that I’ve been thinking of putting under the lock to effectively make a larger bezel. I’ve been thinking about it for 2 years now so that says how much it bothers me.

I did try a pair of lithium batteries in the lock but the must be a hair shorter than regular AA batteries as I kept having problems with the lock forgetting the code and going back to the factory default. It would only happen after driving for several hours.i figure that the spring force holding the batteries wasn’t enough to keep contact while the coach was bouncing around. So I went back to normal alkaline AA’s (Duracell) and those problems are gone. I thought I could avoid swapping batteries every year but no such luck.

They include a new door strike but the OEM strike is basically identical and it looked like the door frame was built around the door strike so I kept the old one. I had to adjust the strike position a bit but is works fine (well as well as any RV door works - let’s say it works as well as the original did)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2CD3F1F5-C637-43C5-A246-BC6522813307.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	18395  
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum