Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 06:44 PM   #18
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Sorry to take over this thread with a couple gen related side issues, but I think Wolf8U sounded like he found his tripped breaker(s) OK. Also when I saw other comments on the thread with problems.....it is important to help other RVers where possible.

I hope the pictures of my gen choke positions helps others because the Onan manual info on the choke adjustments seems pretty sketchy with no real quality pictures etc. I found that loosening the nut on the choke adjusting plate (located over the heat riser tube) was awkward because the gen body interferes with a straight on nutdriver. With some care you can undo the nut enough to allow adjustment rotation of the choke adjuster plate. Then retighten the nut and see if the choke plate snaps shut when you first try to start the gen again. Also ensure the linkage moves freely.

The MCU controller in the gen operates the throttle linkage which should trigger the choke plate to close. If the choke closes properly after the adjustment you will also need to ensure that it fully opens quickly with engine heat, otherwise the gen will be starved for air under coach loads. Note that the positioning of the choke adjustment plate will vary ......choke spring age and ambient air temp are considerations. If it is very warm outside when first starting the gen cold, the choke may not close as fast or fully as when you are in cooler climates. To fully test the cold operation after choke adjustment......requires a cold engine (or even overnight) to be sure you have fixed the start.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum