Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 11:50 PM   #9
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Normal unless the engine is running or the coach is on shore power or generator, then the relay is closed and the batteries connected. As soon as the BIRD senses 13.1V on the chassis battery - if the engine is running or 13.1V on the coach batteries - if on shore power or generator, it opens the Trombetta and connects the chassis and coach batteries. They stay connected until the BIRD senses below 12.8 V and then it disconnects the chassis and coach batteries. When I got my 2016 Axis, the sensing wire that was supposed to be connected to the coach batteries was connected to somewhere else - I never figured out where. So the BIRD never sensed the coach batteries charging above 13.1V when on shore power or generator and never opened the Trombetta to charge the chassis battery. I fixed it by cutting the coach battery sensing wire from the BIRD and connecting it to the coach battery side of the Trombetta. Everything has worked fine since.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum