Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 11:52 AM   #10
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
It has TPMS as well! THats cool.
SRW Cutaways have had TPMS for years, and is listed as standard for 2021. It appears DRW (excluding spare tire) will be optional. It would not surprise me if that’s made part of the Motorhome Package, but I’m just guessing.

Regarding HP and Torque ratings, I have not seen any additional information. All three heavy duty engines are being re-rated across truck lines, and Ford hasn’t shown their cards yet as far as I know. Both the 6.2L and 7.3L gasoline V8 and also the diesel show TBD on power and torque ratings. For the F-Series the numbers should be coming soon since they go to production earlier than E-Series and F-650/750.

For the F-53 I haven’t even seen a fleet card with top-line specs. It could be they are making a lot of changes and upgrades.

As mentioned before, I’m puzzled by Ford not listing the 6.2L gas V8 as an option for E-Series. Historically the E-Series offered smaller engines for smaller rigs. A 7.3L seems a bit large for smaller RVs and commercial van-based trucks, particularly the 10,030-pound SRW E-Series. I just hope limiting engine choices to pushrod 7.3L will allow them to reduce engine doghouse size.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum