Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 10:48 PM   #12
Norrirn

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 29.2
State: Oklahoma
THOR #2542
Quote:
Originally Posted by apr67 View Post
Mine broke on the road, at a gas station. Two days before mine broke we had a rv'er next to us who's broke as well.

I got the updated model with the steel striker directly from Trimark. I was on the road so I didn't want to futz with another brand that might require some rework (which would be easy at home but not 2000 miles away).

It works fine. Why they used zinc potmetal for the striker when it seems to only save $5 is beyond me.

Same story while in Rapid City, SD, last year, we were locked in but with the able assistance of nearby campers, got the door opened. The local RV dealer had the updated Trimark lock in stock so, as in your case being far from home, I bought the new one with the steel striker or plunger and spent about 20 minutes installing it and went in our way. Silicone spray lube is frequently used.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum