Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 12:21 AM   #243
funmoneypit

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #12333
Well I would like to thank Long & Winding road for this thread and his ideas. I had already done the warm and cold air separator yesterday after reading about that. Mine had about 3/4" opening on each A/C unit. Closed those both off. I didn't take before readings.

I went out and took readings today. 84 degrees outside and 95 degrees inside. Started up the front unit and after a few minutes I got 58 degrees coming out of the vent. Moved the probe a couple of times and got down to 48 degrees.

Went to the back unit and ended up with basically the same temps.

Tomorrow I am buying the insulation products to do the top components. I am hoping for a degree or two drop.

Our MH is 39 foot long and has two 13.5k A/C units. It cools OK but I always thought it could do better. Our old '04 37 footer did a much better job of keeping things cool.

We are going camping next week for four days with temps in the mid to high 80's. Should be a good test.

Thanks again Long & Winding road! Great job!
funmoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum