Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 01:09 PM   #1134
Big Wheel

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TR
State: Ontario
THOR #14621
1st Trip

Well some of you asked me to give you feedback after my first trip with the 2019 Gemini 23TR on a 2018 Ford chassis. Here it is.

The wife and I, and her boyfriend (4 legs, furry 11 months old), stayed at a place outside of Algonquin Park in Central Ontario. Beautiful place, mosquitos that travelled in packs, black flies that laughed at you when you swatted them!

Vehicle runs well. Don't be fooled by the diesel pumps at gas stations. If you're not paying attention you'll pull up to a pump and not check and try to fit the nozzle into the tank. The nozzle was for large trucks. After I changed my clothes and wrapped the soaked ones in a garbage bag we continued to the campground.

Set up at the campsite was fairly quick. We developed a checklist and it worked with some mods from this trip. The list included checking overhead and around slides and awning as well as getting the RV as level as possible.

The intelligent surge suppressor that we used did its job. The water regulator and filter were great. However the kink free hose that the dealer provide kinked. Go figure! The 15k A/C unit was great as the temperature was over 33C (I believe in the 90'sF) with high humidity. Putting out the awning redirected the condensation away from the door. In hindsight I should have opened the sewage connection before leaving the driveway. It would have been easier to open at the campsite.

I have to say that all of the systems worked well. Even though the DVD player connection came loose. Of course we looked for the most obvious issue first. After taking the TV in the bedroom off of the wall and tightened all of the connections, well you know how it goes.

The beds were comfortable, the plumbing worked, the electrical worked, everything was just fine.

The wife's favourite appliance, after the A/C, was the coffee maker.

When we got home we took half of the items that we packed into the RV off. Figured out that we didn't need to truck the house with us.

One of our big challenges was finding a BBQ that would fit in the storage locker and that could be modified to work with the provided low pressure outlet. We got that one right. 3rd BBQ was the charm.

Anyways, I believe that I have bored you all enough. Thanks to all for the all of the info in this forum. It has been fantastically informative and helpful.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum