Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 01:18 AM   #58
TimmyB

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Bounder 35P
State: Florida
THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
While I feel the TPMS is valuable even just with the RV, the tipping point for me was when we started towing... If something happened to the Jeep’s tires, by the time I felt it, it would be wayyyy to late.
Now having it, makes it easier on checking in prep for trip, and on road.

My rig came with extensions on the dual rears, which make putting on/taking off sensors easy to add air or get out of sight. On long trips (parked) I’ve removed them as they stop transmitting then and save battery. They also can’t walk away...

For the EMS, I opted for external ‘Surge Guard” brand - having been close (few feet) from a whole house surge protector that gave its life in a power surge (with one load bang) I really had no desire to have that under my bed (where all the power components are on my rig)
I do typically chain it to power pole. Never had an issue.

Both of these are high on my list as ‘required’ equipment.
I bought the install kit for the Hughes Autoformer. Ended up taking it back. I too want it out where I can see it and I also lock it every time but I'm going to get a more serious lock next month.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum