Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 03:00 PM   #13
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Jamie, as with E-Series stripped chassis, the 5.4L V8 was standard and the 6.8L V10 an option. So far I've seen a few of each engine advertised for sale. The V8 should be OK for such an aero motorhome. In every case it would require me traveling quite a distance to see one in person; and right now it would be hard to get away for a few days so I don't want to waste time pursuing an inferior product (if that's what they are).

Oddly, I haven't seen any pictures of the shorter model, and wonder if they even went into production. The smaller one also may not have the large pass-through at rear due to bedroom slide. That would be a deal breaker for me.

For the more common longer model Gulfstream added an extra two feet of rear overhang, which may make it handle poorly in crosswinds and or when towing a toad. There is a lot I like but much risk too -- hence my question about how good is Gulfstream. I really like the Euro windows -- saw them on a trailer and loved their function. They are awning style, open fully, have built-in shade and roll-up screen.

Maybe now that Thor is building the Axis on E-450 with even higher 14,500 GVWR they may come out with additional floorplans -- not that that will necessarily help me.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum