Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 05:55 PM   #8
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post

....cut...

A follow-up to your data, I'm really curious about the fraction of motorhomes that are these little class B sprinter chassis, and I guess you could count the vegas/axis types in there too.... that really seem to be intended for day trips and more overnight type trips. This really seems like a growing niche and I can see why it would be attractive.
I personally think the general trend regarding motorhome-size preferences may be changing a bit for many reasons, and don't think that smaller RVs are now limited to shorter trips. We personally prefer smaller over larger even if cost is held constant for comparison. The traveling freedom that smaller motorhomes provide is of great value to us. We see excessive size as a negative. Quality and capabilities are more important.

I can only see two main advantages why I'd want an A over a C. Class As can be larger and haul more, but that doesn't apply to us at all. I don't want anything big and there are plenty of Class Cs of adequate size.

The second reason which is why my wife and I both want to try a small A is that the driving area "feels" more open to the rest of the coach. The cab area of the C feels more confined -- like being in a cave. Class As with slides behind driver feel more confining as well.

If someone built a van cab that was 8-ft wide instead of 80-inches, I think the demand for Class Cs would skyrocket by comparison. What is there not to like about extra doors, roll-down windows, factory dash and instrumentation, etc.?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum