Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 09:23 PM   #1658
pavemike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
I love you NuWave. Great Ideal

Did your residential frig fit in the same footprint ast the OEM frig? Tell us more about that mod please.

What kind of batteries do you have to support the frig now?
The Vegas 25.5 has a small cabinet above the fridge. I removed that cabinet and the Magic Chef fridge fit like a glove. There are a few other appartment size residential fridges that are identical to this, just a different name. I installed a AIMS 1200w inverter with auto-transfer switch to run all outlets (GCFIs excluded). Still have the same 2 stock batteries that came in the Vegas. A year and a half later they still hold a full charge...lucky me. It usually takes 3-4 hours for the fridge to be fully cold, freezer frozen. Then we load it up. Works great, holds a lot. I have ran the fridge off of those stock batteries for 12 hours and the battery indicator was still 3 lights. Didn't check the actual level with meter, I was satisfied. I use a preventative method to start the fridge; I put store/use switch to use, start the generator, turn on the inverter, plug in the fridge and let the compressor work and settle while I do my other pre-travel checks. I turn off the generator after about 10 minutes, compressor is settled (sort of a "hard start for air conditioners" method). I always open the panel out side and unplug the fridge after trip, just in case I run outlets while cleaning, don't need the fridge starting up. Hope this info helps. We love this 10.1 cu ft fridge.
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum