Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 01:17 AM   #19
pavemike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
What Mr Sunshine was saying is that lots of folks have written in about not being able to scan cable channels only to find out that they left their antenna booster on. If the booster is on, the TVs will not scan cable channels.

And also numerous owners have commented that the Dealer never mentioned anything about the antenna booster , where it is, how to turn it on or off, or how it impacts scanning for cable channels.

When I researched this forum in depth to gather data when I compiled the owners' sourced Vegas/Axis Owners' Manual (that can be downloaded from the Motorhome Tech Topic section of the forum) I was rather amazed at how little RV dealers explained during PDIs.
Exactly Ed. That's because most sales people at the dealerships don't know a whole lot about RVs except how to sell them. Most of them are not campers or RV users at all. There are exceptions to both the sales people and dealerships who train them well but they are few and far between. That's why forums like this are so important and folks like you that take time to build and share a manual are a God Send (in military Tech Order fashion, at that). I also have found that with newer model Thor motorhomes, the on-line "Owners Resources" for each specific coach by VIN is invaluable as well. There are several "how to" videos in those resources that everyone should watch. It's right there for us to use.
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum