Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: RV Security
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 09:22 PM   #40
RVMichael

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #11784
Don't forget to deadbolt when the sun goes down

We were at Colt Creek State Park in Florida and about 10:30 Sunday night, I had gone to sleep and my wife was up watching some TV. All of sudden my wife sees a face through the opaque window in the door. It goes away for a second, then it reappears only this time the person started rattling the door to get in. My wife goes running into the bedroom to get me and I stealthily go to the living room and start peeking out the kitchen window and see nothing. After about 10 or 15 minutes we start getting back to normal and I am able to go back to bed. After asking neighbors if they saw anything the conversation turned to a 30ish or 40ish looking man who was EXTREMELY friendly and wanted to go fishing with everybody and be everybody's best friend. The neighbor said the man was overly friendly with his young teenage daughters and almost started a fist fight. Turns out the man was on crack and was bothering tons of people. He was in a 20-25 foot white passport travel trailer with a dagger over the door. Somebody had towed him (probably to get rid of him) to the park and he was just camping there in the state park doing drugs. The FWC Officer (the ones that carry the guns and are full fledged law officers) came and took a report. Apparently some people will go to state parks and think, hey I'm camping in the woods so laws don't really apply here. I'm always deadbolting my door when the sun goes down!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum