Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 07:34 PM   #12
aglass611

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Venetian A20
State: Florida
THOR #7201
Smile Towing 2019 Ford Explorer

Yes, I have been towing a 2019 Ford Explorer since Dec 2018. Only the 3.5l engines are flat towable, so forget about the 2.3l. Prep only requires warming the engine for five minutes, press the brake, start the engine, place in Drive (cycle thru Reverse) and go! Might mention that my base plate wiring includes a hot wire for the battery so I do not need to disconnect the battery. After 10K towing miles we have had no problems. Replaced a 2016 Ford Focus which was flat towable but wasn’t rugged enough for towing on bad roads. But had no problems with 15K miles of towing with the 2.0l engine. As for the 2020 Explorer, the engine lineup does not include an engine/transmission that is flat towable. Not recommended in the Owners Manual. A few new 2019’s still available but any used Explorer with either of the two 3.5l engines will work.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum