Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 02:53 PM   #38
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Max Tire for Class C and suspension questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scDust View Post
I remember a post where now you have a "super-C" RV.

Of all the work and modifications you had done, shore power hook up, etc,

Was the commercial tire rating why you went bigger RV?

I am still contemplating the upgrade in load capacity tires, and your input is greatly appreciated here, thanks.

And lastly, are you starting over with your personalization upgrades, like on the other one?

Great questions Rusty!

Had I kept the 29H, the next upgrade would have been the Goodyear commercial rated tires. The stock LT tires are not only near max capacity with the Outlaw but LT tires are not meant to carry a heavy load continually like commercial tires are designed to do. My advice it is the best upgrade you can do from a safety perspective.

Here are the reasons we ultimately decided to trade in the Outlaw 29H after all the work I put into it. These are in order for the most part:

1. Floor Plan - Are ultimate goal is to spend 3 - 4 months a year traveling, especially out west. After a year in the 29H we decided not having a good bed and enough storage was going to be a showstopper.

2. Payload Capacity - the 29H was 1000lbs overweight with our Spyder loaded in the garage. The reason we went for the 29H was not having to tow something. Even though the garage says it will hold 1500lbs the 1000lb Spyder put it overweight. While I felts shorts trips would not be a problem I did not like the idea of long drives overloaded by 1000lbs so towing was back in the picture.

3. Power - I felt the V10 / transmission combo was not going to have the power for climbing the mountains out west and towing at near max capacity.

After looking at several Super C’s, we decided the Magnitude SV34 had the right floor plan, plenty of carrying capacity and more than enough power. So far it has been perfect for us.

The F-550 is the real deal in terms of handling and ride quality plus the benefits of 19.5” tires designed for heavy loads. The PowerStroke diesel has plenty of power and it rarely or never shift going up grades and hills. It’s also quiet enough so you can have a normal conversation at highway speeds. It turns about 2200 - 2300 RPM’s at 60 - 65mph and I’m get over 10MPG if I keep it under 65.

So far I’ve towed the Spyder on an aluminum trailer and I couldn’t even tell I was pulling the 1700lb load. I’m looking forward to how it pulls a Toad. I just had to replace the Silverado a year a head of schedule because of an oil leak getting progressively worse. We picked up a 2018 GMC Canyon Denali with 30K on it and 4 cyl Duramax diesel that I am going to setup to tow. I’m sold on diesels now after the Magnitude. The Canyon is getting 24MPG in city driving.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum