Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 11:01 PM   #18
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Moon Milt View Post
I have tried several different types and brands of wax and compounds. What I found works for me is meguires products. I can't put my hands on the bottles just yet. They recommend marine wax for motorhomes with gel coats. It's the only one with UV inhibitors, I was told. I park my Hurricane 35 in the sun, no cover and one side gets the afternoon sun. Look them up on the web and call them.
I am interested in trying the F11 and one other product that was mentioned in the thread. It usually takes me a week of compounding and waxing as I only wax 1 time a year.
Same here and I appreciate everyone's feedback. This is not a new topic. People have been chasing this for a while. I wanted to resurrect the topic in case something new hit the market that wasn't mentioned back then. F11 is something I'll be looking into.

I can vouch for McGuire's Cleaner wax. It did one heck of a job but not as well as I'd like for the amount of work and end result. Better than it was and I'll take it for now. The search continues...

Thanks again.

Penetrol:'Oil-Based Coating Additive...'. This would explain the brighter spots where the wax went on a little heavy in those circular movements - the emollient I mentioned. It reminds me of Thompson's Water Seal. I tread lightly into this territory. https://www.flood.com/products/paint...paint-additive

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum