Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: 24.1 insulation
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 06:15 PM   #20
MichFigs

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #9701
Quote:
Originally Posted by emo666j1 View Post
Ducksface had a thread about wheel wells that i'm interested in seeing a picture of. I can't seem to find that thread. I also saw another thread where a member made them out of sheet metal. My 2017 has a flat plastic piece over the the coil spring on each wheel but it does not go all the way forward to the nose. I am trying to look at places where sound deadening will help most. the plastic piece on the passenger side looks like it had been foamed to the mirror side of the nose but the drivers side is not. What type of foam does the factory use--can we buy that ?? Can I just extend that existing wheel cover forward then seal it?? Naturally I'm going to insulate under the dash also--and maybe the bongos later.

THIS inner fender well install was a very easy using self tapping screws and fender washers. Right hand fit perfectly and left hand required trimming around the shock tower. Then sprayed enter underside with #3M rubberized undercoat for sound deadening. Very happy with the results. Here a few pix form my install!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1196.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	21780   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1173.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	21781  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1155.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	21782   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1147.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	21783  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum