Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 10:18 PM   #14
motofabio

State: California
THOR #14070
Need Axxera AVM111NAV GPS Micro SD Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMorg View Post
Did it mount onto the same connectors as the Axxera?
The Axxera has a wiring harness, and the Thor folks brought all the coach wires into the other side of the 12 pin plug.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4551.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	21784

The Pioneer did not come with a wiring harness, just raw wires, because they don’t know what it’s being installed into. The color coding of the wires is standard and labeled. So I simply cut the coach side plug off and went wire to wire. It was easy.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	21786

Quote:
What was involved in installation, and do the cameras still work?
After wiring it up, I reused the sleeve from the Axxera. It’s a standard double din size, as is the Pioneer. It slid right in. I only needed to drill one hole on each side to add the screws to hold the new Pioneer in place.

The three camera systems runs into a switch box, which controls which camera signal to feed into the radio. It has the turn signals and reverse already in it. The output is a single RCA wire. This was already in place from the factory. The RCA plugs right into the “video in” on the back of the Pioneer.

Everything still works.

Quote:
Is there still a huge lag in the turn signal cameras? Sorry for all the questions.
There is no noticeable difference in the signal speed to me. One plus is that when you use your turn signal, the video feed from the side camera comes in, but it doesn’t cut out the audio. That was so dumb.

No worries on the questions. That’s what these forums are for!

Last note, there’s a little black bezel that was stuck to the Axxera; I hardly noticed it. Today I popped it off and although it sort of fits on the Pioneer, it’s not quite right. I found one on fleaBay for $4. We’ll see how that goes.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum