Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 05:26 PM   #13
Thorfreedom

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom elite 30fe
State: South Carolina
THOR #14612
I just changed my axera with pioneer. My camera stopped working, so had no choice. I was not sure if it was camera or radio. My radio was saying no signal, when I turn camera on. I pulled the radio out, every thing looked fine. In replacing the radio, camera still said no signal. Pulled the camera out and tracked the wire. I had to pull panel inside and finally found one connector was loose. As soon as I connected camera came on. Axera radio had lots of negative reviews. Mine sometimes turn off and on while driving. Dual mirror never worked. Then camera problem. Then one speaker never worked. So I thought let’s replace. I like the pioneer. I had in my car with Apple play. So I bought similar but one step lower. As we don’t drive rv everyday. I bought avh 1300 with Apple play. Good thing is that back up camera was compatible and worked. Only one thing is that all pioneer radio will have have caution message on screen, while using camera. And this is default and cannot be changed. So it blocks little top part of screen. Also pioneer will not have actual camera button. You have to scroll down and use touch screen for camera.
Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum