Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 12:26 AM   #1
markevans

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24F
State: California
THOR #17796
Water collecting in ceiling light - Chateau 24F

Just purchased a 2019 Chateau 24F one week ago, and brand new to RVing.
There is a little water collection in the ceiling light just in front of the fridge.

When I remove the light I can see daylight up through a hole in the insulation, and then through a white vent in the roof (360 siphon). There is also another "360 siphon" vent above the light in the bathroom, but with that one there is no hole through the insulation.

There is a 3rd vent near the rear that is above the wall between the bathroom and bedroom which I suspect is a breather for the black water tank (I think that is what these vents are designed for)

Does any one know what the purpose of the 2 vents above the lights are? Photos attached I hope!
Thanks for any help, Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	light.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	22160   Click image for larger version

Name:	roofvents1&2.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	22161  

Click image for larger version

Name:	roofvents3.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	22162  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum