Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 01:21 PM   #12
BlueWaterSUX

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Venetian A40
State: Idaho
THOR #17453
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLP View Post
I recently purchased a 2013 Thor Palazzo 33.2. I too found out that Thor will not sell directly to the owner. No problem for some items. One was the plastic thumb latch for the fuel door. Took me a while to find what it was called and the part number. Most of the time it is easy. The relay for the water pump/tank monitor went south. Finding that bugger was an exercise, but Thor, after a call (second contact), was most helpful in getting me the cable drawings for my rig. That enabled me to locate it behind the fuse/circuit breakers/water heater. The part number is on the relay itself and did a search. Had one in three days. So it does take some doing, but you can work around the problem of no sales or part number/description from Thor. Most items have manufacture and part numbers on them via stickers or in the plastic somewhere on the part. There almost isn't any part that you cannot find once you have two of ether manufacture, description, or part number and at least two are on the part.
Yep. Between maintaining my own boats, airplanes and vehicles and a few houses this is pretty much the routine. I was just surprised that Thor's philosophy seems to be in the long run, one of forcing owners to dealerships, which may "save on incorrectly installed solutions" as the best policy for all owners. With every facet of a complex platform like the Venetian being archived digitally, not to mention Amazon, it is my opinion that it would be easy to support customers directly. Especially with smaller repair parts.

I understand how warrantee claim and authorization issues could be complicated here, but what about after a warrantee has elapsed and the customer just wants to get back up and running without a scheduled stop at a dealer...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum