Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 10:46 PM   #14
MLP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWaterSUX View Post
Yep. Between maintaining my own boats, airplanes and vehicles and a few houses this is pretty much the routine. I was just surprised that Thor's philosophy seems to be in the long run, one of forcing owners to dealerships, which may "save on incorrectly installed solutions" as the best policy for all owners. With every facet of a complex platform like the Venetian being archived digitally, not to mention Amazon, it is my opinion that it would be easy to support customers directly. Especially with smaller repair parts.

I understand how warrantee claim and authorization issues could be complicated here, but what about after a warrantee has elapsed and the customer just wants to get back up and running without a scheduled stop at a dealer...

My last RV was a Heartland fifth wheel. Heartland will send any part you want under warranty or sell direct to you after the warranty is over. Dealerships do not always do a good job at fixing or installing. It can be Russian Roulette and the time that they take is a big pain and unwarranted in many cases. If you have a good dealer, stick with them. Heartland allows you to take it to an independent RV repair facility under warranty so long as that they approve of the facility. I never got turned down. I really loved my fifth wheel with the living space, but my back, right foot, and knees screamed that I needed to change. My Thor Palazzo 33.2 is comfortable and will allow me to continue to RV for many more years.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum