Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 04:10 PM   #8
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Is my xantrex 3012 a work around of this problem?
It makes up the voltage from the inverter and batteries and I have an auto Gen start.

So, and I doubt I'm understanding this correctly:
My inverter will draw power from my batteries, add voltage to the pedestal voltage when needed, and will kick on the generator when the batteries need added to.

I know the auto form is pretty expensive. Autoform cost was one of many reasons for me to choose the inverter I did.

Or I'm horribly wrong.

And,
In the five year moritorium or ten year and the Implementation time and the lax non corporate parks not caring to search your vehicle, do we think an autoform will become the radial arm saw of yard sales or will it become a black market item of multiple values of today?

And
I just don't care.

And
Insurance will regulate parks and require updates and so will local municipalities.
The money is THERE by requiring equipment, not HERE by banning equipment.
The inverter does not operate in parallel with SP, for the equipment supplied by the inverter it is one or the other. A "smart" inverter may operate like a UPS and automatically switch to battery supplied AC if it senses the SP supplied AC too high or too low or too dirty.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum