Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 04:23 PM   #24
Delco Bobby

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Dynamax REV 24 RB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfhall View Post
I purchased a Chateau 35SK from La Mesa RV in San Diego last August. It is without a doubt the worst RV I've owned (prior Monaco Class A, Bounder Class A and two Jayco 5th wheels). It has constantly been in the shop and I have to return it again this Monday. This time the batteries are always going dead (bad batteries or bad convertor?). We've had huge problems with the Lippert Jacks, improper wiring so that both a/c units wouldn't work at the same time, and many other smaller but irratating faults. Basically, Thor has no quality control at their factories and dumps POS RVs on unsuspecting consumers. La Mesa San Diego did a very poor job of prepping the coach prior to delivery....we had a huge punch list of issues that should have been corrected prior to delivery. I will say that La Mesa Tucson, near where we live, has really tried to fix the numerous issues we've faced with the "Coach from Hell". Thor overall quality is extremely low and they tend to use the cheapest parts available to build the coach. An example was the radio in my 2015 coach....it was actually manufactured by Pioneer in 2011/2012. Pioneer stated that companies like Thor buy all their overstock and obsolete inventory for their RVs. If I was buying a new RV I'd definately avoid Thor.
Whew, your troubles put things in perspective. Even if most quality control or bad build posts come from the dissatisfied buyers there are still too many instances of junk being sold to the public.

I wonder if a good legally binding clause can be added to a sales agreement to protect buyers. Something short and that is not nit picky but eould force the dealers to fix in a set period of time, refund full purchase price or replace.

That would put pressure on dealers to demand satisfaction from the manufacturers.

If a substantial number of buyers used this clause and were willing to walk away from a deal if dealer refused we might see some positive change in this industry.

Bobby

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum