Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 05:26 PM   #50
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
yes, I've seen a 'interstate RV park' on one occasion, at least, where we self-paid, self-parked, had electricity and water, and had a dump station. I did not see this as necessarily 'cheaper', though, just more convenient for interstate travelers. The only building was the 'self-register' area. The park is right behind a McDonalds, and rather loud with passing/parking semi trucks in a lot nearby.
With a location near the interstate and local intersection, it's probably a high-priced piece of real estate, and highly taxed, accordingly. It's not a destination, or a place for more than a night or two, and doesn't allow any long-term stays, but certainly o.k. for it's purpose.

Yes, there are many different business plans and situations when it comes to 'how' a park is built, priced, organized, and offered to the public - my previous comments where more to the point of 'why' most current RV Parks and Campgrounds don't price for simple 'overnight without hookup' stays - it's just not in their business plan, and many might even see this as a cheap way to stay, but then still 'expect' the same amenities and usage of the facilities as everyone else.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum