Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Scary stuff
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 02:58 AM   #9
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Mines a Bay Star Sport with just about the same build date! My dealer (500 miles from home) had a terrific price on the coach but was a dismal disappointment in every other way. I’ll try Newmar and probably that dreadful dealer but $273 is not worth getting an ulcer over. I’m feeling glad it did t happen in the dead of night or while we were away from the coach. It’s always something.
The deal with batteries and these situations comes down to what we have read in many of these threads. The batteries get severely abused before they are sold to us.... dealer lots, sometimes RV shows, etc. I don't care if you like Interstate batteries or not, they just can't handle this abuse. For the little cost of the original batteries, it would be worth it to tell the dealer to put brand new batteries in before the deal is signed. By the way, I am dumping my original Ford chassis battery because it just corrodes the positive battery terminal too much and I have always hated adding water and cleaning battery terminals. A new AGM goes into it tomorrow.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum