Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 06:06 PM   #49
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAL787 View Post
Time for another poll of the experts

Rear only? Front and rear? I’m wondering how much additional arm and sway the larger RV’s encounter aft of the rear wheels due to greater surface area?

Thoughts?
Looks like nobody address this question exactly (unless I missed it).

This is what I did for what its worth: I installed the HD Front Sway bar only .... I had a local RV'er sell me his brand new (still in the box) rear Track bar (half price ) and it gave me the results I was looking for (I also have the Safty Plus Steering Stabilizer).

I would think the rear sway bar would help me some but Im pleased with my setup (but like to think the rear would help 10% more on sway?).

The reason I think the front sway bar would help more is if you look on sports cars (Corvettes) the front bar is thicker than the rear bar from factory (so I figured it make more of a differernce?) plus the E350 / E450 has the softer Front coil springs which would give more in a turn than the HD Rear leave springs (IMO). So Therfore IMO the Front Swaybar will give you better result than the rear but BOTH would be optimal.

I hope this helps.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum