Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 08:41 PM   #11
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
....cut....

I can see the side bed being a pain to make, but then that is about the same as the two beds in the rear of our 24.1--which can be a pain but we've figured it out.

....cut.....
I rented an RV for a week that had a corner bed and hated it so bad I swore I'd never consider one. And it wasn't because of making the bed. Getting in and out of bed for the person next to the wall is tough, and must climb over the other person.

I like your 24.1 Twin/King far better. Much more flexible a design. Entering from middle as twins is easier, making the beds also easier due to size, you have more overhead cabinets that can be reached much easier without having to climb on bed, have windows on both sides of beds for cross ventilation, etc... I like the 24.1 bedroom best by far. It's simple and functional.

I get the feeling these companies don't want to use an older classic floorplan for fear they will be accused of not being imaginative. So instead they keep trying to reinvent the wheel.

I may be old school, but still like the classic layouts of 20 years ago better. I would like them updated with modern materials and technology, but the basic floorplans seem more functional to me.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum