Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 03:14 AM   #31
MLP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #17478
I have had a great response with Thor. Purchased a used 2013 Palazzo 33.2 late last year. While sanitizing the water system, the water pump stopped along with the water heater and tank level meters. I had to go on a trip the next day so I used a fused jumper to run the water heater and was hooked up to the city water. I was able to finish the purification isolating the water pump and power it externally using a battery jumper box. I was able to email support. but did not get a good response from them even though I described the problem. The response was to be sent a worthless drawing. Called and got a good rep who got a tech. Tech told me it was a relay behind the fuse/relay boxes. He then helped her to get me all the cable drawings to my rig. Explained that their isn't a parts list or schematic that could be given out to the owners or anyone else. Didn't matter. I knew that the relay would have the manufacture and part number on it. Took two days from Amazon to get it. All on a used seven year old rig.

Many need to understand that each manufacture has its own rules. Thor wishes to fully support their RV dealerships. What Thor does not understand is that some of them are far less than adequate and have technicians that are more less learn on the job hobbyist. At least my selling dealer has all RVDA-RVIA RV Service Technicians. They have been very responsive on a big slide problem being serviced on an extended warranty. They have reassured me working with Lippert, it will be much stronger then the OEM parts used that caused the problem.

When I had a Heartland Big Horn fifth wheel, Heartland was great do deal with. If an owner wanted to do the warranty work themselves within reason, they would send the owner the parts. If you wanted a part number and to order it after warranty, they would help. If you wanted to use an independent RV repair facility, with prior approval, you could, and I did. They were easy to work with and very responsive. They seem to take the position that if a dealership was that lousy with repairs and/or time to get it in or done, then they chose the owner over the dealership. A happy owner will look again at a Heartland when they are happy with the company and product. If Heartland produced a Class A diesel, I would have a Heartland since they made me quit a happy owner.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum