Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 04:21 AM   #1
Boondock Saint

Brand: Jayco
Model: GREYHAWK 29MV
State: Washington
THOR #17431
Chateau 28Z Mods and Design Considerations

Hey folks,

As per my previous threads I'm looking for a floor plan to live in full-time and have my man cave and enough storage for clothes and other personal stuffs.

One plan I like is on the Chateau 28Z where-as the seating and dining are right across each other and the slide can stay IN without blocking anything.

I plan to use the dinette area for the 75" big screen and some speakers, so maybe remove the furniture and add my own storage in that space.

There's a 2018 Chateau 28Z here for around $60k but does not have the electric mirrors and has cloth drivers and passengers seats. (I'll probably be swapping the seats and furniture in these myself as I hear that stock Thor offerings aren't that comfortable)

There's a 2020 model too that HAS the electric mirrors with the side cams but it's in the $80k range.

Depreciation aside, what comes to your mind in choosing the 2018 model without the electric mirrors?

Would you go with the lessor expensive and replace equipment as needed? DIY some side-cams and security cams combo? Am I missing any other re-design considerations?

Thanks in advance for your advice and considerations!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum