Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 08:02 PM   #5
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
I can't find my purchase info and I don't like typing anything here without proofs
But

I bought a special oil filter wrench. It has what looks like a piece of stinky slinky built onto it.
Specific for fords(and other specific wrenches are available) , it encapsulates the filter so nothing spills out when taking off the filter. I think it was $11.

Also bought the quarter turn valve which replaces the oil plug. $22

I use, and really like, the wide flat 16qt cheap plastic pan with the spout on the side.
You can dump the filter right into that pan without taking too much aim. $8

I havent changed my own rv oil yet. I figured an $800 savings over the next 10 years, but it's sssooo damn inconvenient for an oil change place and the special trip and the distance and such.
If I had a place within a reasonable distance I wouldn't even attempt the change.

I suggest you read one of the
'how in the hell did you get oil in this stupid class a?'
Threads.
(if yours is an a)

Edit:
I found two of the items.
I hate typing crap I can't back up....
That slinky dinky thing of ma-call-it is blocking the view for me to see what type of liquor I need when changing the oil; with certain liquors a drain pan is not required or not used

That valve $22 is something that I would like to have. I need to find one for the F53.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum