Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 02:39 PM   #37
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I seem to be the only person in the world who remembers the Australian electric vehicle experiment back in the USA ev1 days.
You pulled up to the 'pump' and a robotic arm removed your battery and inserted a charged battery. Three minutes if I remember correctly.

They had a number of stations and I think it lasted five years or so.

Some things are scrubbed from the internet.
I haven't looked into the story in 10 years or so, maybe the info is back.

Also:
Some of us remember the 'all chrome' FIFTY new trucks from the Atlanta Olympics opening or closing ceremnony.
I don't think there's a real detailed picture of them on the whole interests and Info wise there is but one small snippette from some pagen21 of a small newspaper.

Some things get scrubbed.
If you're interested Ina system which worked, but was too costly at the time like the ev1, see if you can find the Australian info.

We stopped in kingman AZ recently. The local charging station is in an about 10 acre parking lot with a graffiti strewn abandoned building nearest, and a fast food, maybe a jackinthebox, a bit away. Not much else around it. A 45 to 120 minute wait there would seem like an eternity(and could become such based on the area)

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum