Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 02:30 AM   #1
MJC62

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Is your state under a Shelter In Place Order

I was wondering how many of the members on here are under a statewide mandatory shelter in place order? If so what are your states restrictions? What business' are allowed to remain open as considered "essential"? And are people following the order?
Indiana's governor put us under a mandatory shelter in place order that started midnight 3/25 through at least 4/07 when it will be evaluated. What does that actually mean? From what I have seen on day one not much.
As I have stated before after 5 years of doing nothing in retirement, boredom got the best of me and I took a part time gig about 10 hrs a week making repairs at the local hardware. Today I was asked to come down and hop on the fork truck to unload a flatbed full of pallets of softener salt. The hardware store is considered an "essential business". The truck pulls into the lot and I unload from there. Except today you would have thought we had half off everything sale. I spent more time dodging cars in the lot than putting away the stock as they mobbed the store for "essential supplies" like paint, wallpaper, birdseed, potting soil and mulch.
Across the street the liquor store another "essential business" was booming. Next to them the gas station another "essential business" complete with fast food kitchen rocking out with peeps at lunchtime.
The local smoke shop another "essential business" was on fire today. Next door you couldn't get into Great Clips it was closed.
We were supposed to take my 89 year old mother today to pick up a new hearing aid, they were closed as non essential. But on the bright side if I needed more bullets for the 9 the local Sports shop was open, they were considering themselves "essential"! Saturday we had 210 confirmed cases in Indiana and 6 deaths by Tuesday, the day before we were "ordered" to "shelter in place" we had 477 confirmed cases and 14 deaths. What's the point of having a shelter in place order if nobody is going adhere to any of it. Hell we might as well re open the bars too. Make it like an Irish wake for the country. Sorry just a frustrating day in NW Indiana
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum