Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: RV Security
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 04:42 PM   #22
Beacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Almost two years ago I posted about crime at Quartzite and how my friends entire motorhome was stripped, (appliances, genny, TVs, and all valuables), while they left to sightsee for the day.

The overall responses to my post focused not on what happened, but denial that it could or did happen. Many replied about "it never happened to me", so it's not true. And, my favorite, "it's so safe there everybody watches out for everybody else"!

That last statement is completely false. Only people that you personally know and trust are watching out for your best interest, (and watching your property).

I have personally witnessed at State beach campgrounds, and private RVParks as "stuff", (portable generators, chairs, coolers, stoves, bicycles), taken in broad daylight, as neighbors clearly see it, and nobody does absolutely anything, (I ended up reporting it to the ranger, and/or called the local police).

While the RVIA, Goodsam, and FMCA, and other always promote RVing as a friendly group of like minded folks, my experience over the past 25 years RVing has been more like the comedy movie RV. When I owned a PopUp, red-vested Good Sam members at the KOA in Chula Vista, CA actually set up chairs to watch me setup and laugh as I tripped or dropped anything. They never offered to help, and actually clapped when I cranked up the roof!

I have mentioned that I have seen neighbors look the other way as crime has occurred, and I constantly see dog owners not pick up after their pooch in RVParks.

Folks, if your concerned about security in an RV....... Well, unless you are in it at the time, just forget about it! If a thief wants in, all it takes is a screwdriver to get into a million dollar Prevost motorhome. Or, they can realistically tow the whole thing away.

And, don't rely on your neighbors or the RVPark to watch out for your stuff, (unless you personally know them).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum