Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 10:14 PM   #4733
Ifish

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 35C
State: Indiana
THOR #16561
Air bags on a windsport

I had purchased air lift front & rear when they had 25% off at Christmas. Just now nice enough in Indiana to install. I was hoping for similar results to the sumo springs but with adjustable firmness. Fronts were cake to install. Rears, not so much. Late model you have to drill all 8 holes in the frame. Duals have to come off on both sides (not at same time). I also purchased and installed the wireless one dual path so that I can alter psi front/rear while traveling.
20 mile test run this evening...pulling out of driveway onto county blacktop, my DW said wow that was better. Does it ride like my Yukon or wife's wrangler unlimited, NO. Does it ride like an old cj7, pretty much. No more rattle from dishes when you hit expansion joints. When you hit a place where the asphalt was repaired it is noticeable but not unpleasant. I set front at 25 and rear at 35. I am extremely pleased! It went from a school bus to a conversion van.
Now I will have to insulate the engine cover because the engine just got louder when the coach got quieter, lol.
If anyone is on the fence, you will be pleased![ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	air bag2.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	23100[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	air bag1.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	23099  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum