Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 07:14 PM   #46
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabs4 View Post
I live in SE Texas about 30 miles from the Louisiana border. We had our second death from Covid yesterday. We have had around 30 cases in the area. The circumstances surrounding the two deaths and some of the illnesses are a little scary. The first man who died last week was the band director at a high school. He also was a trumpet player in our local Symphony as well as a member of a band that performed on March 14th at a local restaurant/club frequented by older people. Last week a good friend let us know her sister and brother-in-law were both diagnosed with Covid. Her sister was in the hospital for only a few days, but her brother-in-law is still in the hospital on a ventilator. They were both at the restaurant/club during the performance on March 14th. Our second death yesterday was a well known jeweler in town. His store was just a few doors down in the same shopping strip as the club. It’s very unsettling for me. I’m doing curbside pickup for groceries. I did have to get gasoline yesterday and I bathed in hand sanitizer after getting in my car. I hope everyone stays safe!

Pam

And that's the scary part of this: spreading it by infected people that don't know they're infected.

BTW: YOU have hand sanitizer???? Worse than TP on any shelf in any store I've been in. At least TP has been available on occasion. Also, no isopropyl alcohol or hydrogen peroxide either. Everclear and grain alcohol MIA as well.

Think there would be more alcohol available if we stopped putting it in gas?

My youngest son is head of research and production of a company that creates and produces over the counter vitamins and other none-FDA supplements. As soon as this became a thing they created and sold as much hand sanitizer as they could produce, a lot of it going to industrial cleaning companies. Now they almost can't get the major ingredient (alcohol) which they use to keep their other production environments clean so they have had to reduce the production of "for sale" sanitizer.

I was able to procure enough of the raw ingredients locally here to make sanitizer for my family's use before they went non-existent so we should be set. Lotsa recipes for homemade sanitizer on the interweb and lotsa people tell us:

1: Don't use homemade sanitizer, and
2: Don't rely on hand sanitizer to kill the virus (even though those same people are the ones that have pushed the sanitizing wipes in supermarkets at the cart corral, and in every hospital room, cruise ship, buffet line, etc ib the last decade).

Sure, doing the full hand wash is always a better solution but that solution is not always available.

And the key to homemade hand sanitizer is that no matter what recipe yo use, you must insure it is at least 80% alcohol. So rubbing alcohol (70% to begin with, and less) ain't gonna cut it. 95% isopropyl alcohol or 100% grain alcohol is the base ingredient and you can't dilute the alcohol percentage to less than 80% when you add your oils, aloe vera, Propylene Glycol , etc.

BTW: we are static in our county still with only 3 cases. The county to the west has blossomed with 7 cases, 2 hospitalized (in our county). The next county west has 2 cases, both women, 23 & 66 with one hospitalized.

At this point there are only 9 out of 67 counties in Florida with 0 cases; another 13 with 3 cases or less, and 2 with 4 cases.

92% of the confirmed cases in Florida are in 4 counties, 3 of those adjacent to each other. Our death rate is 1.6% and the age distribution across the state looks like:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-04-02_1514.png
Views:	85
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	23126  
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum