Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 09:50 PM   #14
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I understand what y'all are saying about staying in place, and I agree we all should adhere to that policy. I am not talking about taking a road trip for pleasure, where I would be stopping and staying at campgrounds for pleasure, and visiting attractions.

My wife and I would be staying overnight in rest stops, stopping only to refuel. We will have enough food with us that we will not have to be shopping, and having contact with anyone along the way. Same as the over the road truckers. I will be wearing nitrile gloves, and a bandanna when using my credit card to pay at the pump, and while actually pumping gas.

Anyways, this all just in the planning stage right now. Time, and conditions, will determine if we will even attempt this return home in two weeks. Thank you all for your opinions, and keep them coming. Stay safe everyone.
If you decide to make this trip, and you may indeed have reasonable purpose and take reasonable precautions as you travel, I would plan my route as far away from hotspots as possible. It may take you several days longer, but if the unforeseen happens like a breakdown or blowout, you want to be in a safer location rather than a hotspot.
I know in my location my threshold of going out to the grocery store or hardware store is much lower than if I was located in an area like Miami, New York, Albany, Ga, etc. Whatever you decide, good luck and stay safe. At least you shouldn't have to worry about traffic.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum