Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 04:12 PM   #6
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
what I've found on our 4-Green Bar indicator on the dash, as compared to the more DETAILED gauge ON the DEF tank, itself, is this:

4 bars is full, of course
3 bars only means that you are only SLIGHTLY less than absolutely full
2 bars mean that you have MORE than 1/2 a tank full
1 bar means that you have MORE than 1/4 a tank full
1 ORANGE bar means that you are slightly LESS than 1/4 tank
1 RED bar/or blinking red bar means that you are LESS than 1/8 tank, and close to 'turtle mode' if not added to very soon.

I've also had my 'engine light' alert come on several times over the course of 5 years and over 100,000 miles, yet it was never anything of 'concern', but wound up being only that the DEF was 'low', maybe because the float level was being moved around by travel movement, yet was never in the Orange or Red level bar, OR that the DEF had recently been filled and it's possible that some 'dried' DEF particles fell into the tank during filling, when using an 'older' flexible fill tube, which I use in combination with the fill tube that comes with the 2 1/2 gal DEF jug, in order to best 'reach' the DEF fill outlet on the coach.
These lights always went away after 'so many miles' or 'a few more engine starting'...which I understand is typical of some of these 'alerts'...
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum