Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 11:36 AM   #6
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I am not familiar with your specific coach but I am familiar with the basic Thor Class C design on the E-450 / F-550 Chassis.

If your kitchen is on the slide, which I think it is, there are "bags" under the width of the slide that are cut open to allow the slide to move around the plumbing and electric, which does not move with the slide because the connections points are mounted to the frame / chassis.

These bags are problematic and can often leave large gaps or openings under the slide when it is out that can allow bugs and rodents to get into the coach depending where you are and how long it is out.

These openings are not always easily visible the from inside the coach because they are under the kitchen cabinets, stove, etc. I can get at mine fairly easily through hinged access panels and often adjust mine after opening the slide to keep the openings to a minimum. You may have to remove drawers, etc. to see yours. You can also look under the slide when it is out to see what I am talking about.

I am currently on a trip and came up with a plan to solve the problem better. I am going to have my wife make canvas panels with velcro sewed into the outside perimeter of the panels that are large enough to cover the openings under the slide. I am then going to put adhesive-backed velcro on the underside of the slide. When we get to where we are going, I will put the slide out and then put the canvas panels over the openings under the slide. That should prevent most anything from getting into the coach through those openings.

I will post pictures once I get this modification done.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum