Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 07:42 AM   #13
DougInOr

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Oregon
THOR #18620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulred View Post
The chassis battery is isolated from all coach functions. It will not charge on shore power.
Actually, I have a BIM installed. Reading the docs on that bad boy I'm under the assumption that the BIM actually manages a charge for both depending on the situation. Here's a snippet from the introductory paragraph in the BIM manual:

"The Battery Isolation Manager (BIM) isolates the two battery systems, chassis, and coach, in a motorhome. This prevents loads in one system from discharging both. It also connects the two battery systems together during charging. Both batteries are charged if either is being charged. The coach battery is charged while driving and the chassis battery is charged while plugged into Shore Power at a campground."

So, what you're saying isn't exactly the full story simply because of the BIM. I'm not sure what models have it, but mine does and I've read that pretty much anything newer than 2015 has this. Adding this not to say, "you're wrong!" but to instead just give people reading this a bit of information should they actually have a newer RV that may have a BIM. This also makes having a Trik-L-start type of thing from being necessary on those models that do have it.

Here's the full manual for the model I have installed:
http://www.precisioncircuitsinc.com/...ger-Rev7-1.pdf

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum