Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 01:32 PM   #24
Muggs

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
The closest we come to dry camping is at racetrack. We usually pull in on Friday night and spend night to race next morning. It beats getting up early to drive 60 to 100 miles then race. The 4000 installed in Vegas runs 15k a/c no issue. I have a Champion RV ready 3500 starting watt generator on racecar trailer. It struggles to start 15k a/c. The bigger capacitor may make it easier.

I do this as the purchase/operating expense is low on Champion, $316 delivered and it runs 9 to 16 hours on 3.5 gallons of gas. The RV generator has 485 hours on it, the champion is at least 10 times that. We have been to multi day races where I stop in morning and late in evening to check oil and fill up seemingly days on end. It is 9th starter cord even though it rearly takes more than 2 pulls to start.

I will order the cheaper of the 2 options and try it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum