Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 12:21 PM   #1504
Paul N

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Compass 23TR
State: Florida
THOR #9752
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonB View Post
Paul, I am looking to replace my lock set as well. I have as 2017, 23TR as well.
I was disappointed to look at RVLock's compatibility page and find the picture of my lock set there. Did you check that out? If yours is compatible, I wonder why your lock, same year and same model is different than mine. My lock set was made by trimark, somewhere in Iowa. If you have found a workaround I would appreciate some insight from your experience.
Don
Don,

Make sure you are looking at the RV Lock Class C/A and not the RV Lock V4.0 which is for towables.

The Class C/A lock we purchased was an a perfect fit. It bolted directly on where the old lock was with no alterations. The only issue I had was that I was going to replace the striker plate that comes with the lock but I could not remove the original striker plate on the Compass. It works and holds fine with no issues, I just wanted to put the nice shiny new powder coated black plate on in place of the unpainted plate that was originally installed by Thor.

I guess the ONLY issues we have is (1) you have to make sure the door is firmly closed or the motorized deadbolt will not seat. It does not have enough power to pull the door closed. Not an issue once you realize that. (2) You have to listen for the beep when pushing a button because sometimes it doesn't register if you haven't pushed hard enough. It is a solid push - not like how we have been spoiled with tactile touch screens.

The key fob works great and the lock mechanism has a shut off on the inside for when the coach is in storage and you will not be using the key fob (it saves battery life) - or if you lose the key fob

It has been great for us!

Here is another link to their website. It looks like they are back in stock.

https://www.rvlock.com/collections/c...oducts/class-c

Good Luck,

Paul

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum