Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 03:11 AM   #9
reminckv

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32N
State: Tennessee
THOR #18316
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
They're all "15 volt coils"; they have to be to handle charging voltage.

This is what I replaced mine with:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rated for continuous duty.

Working with no problems for over a year.
Thanks for your reply. I'm no expert on these devices, but I'm not sure why you are saying that they are all 15V coils. I'm not saying that you are wrong and I understand that they will handle 15V across the coil for a period of time, but I've looked at the Trombetta, White Rodgers, and Emerson catalogs and only one I saw was rated at 15V. In fact, White Rodgers offers the same relay with both 12V and 15V options. It's pretty clear from all of the failures that RVers experience that the lower cost 12V relays have a shorter life expectancy than what I consider acceptable (at least under certain operating conditions).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum