Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 03:54 PM   #1
Hurricane34J

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #12625
Hissing sound from engine 2018 f53 2019 hurricane

I know I posted this in another thread, but I think I put it in the wrong place. I don't see how to move it.

Hello. I have a 2019 Hurricane 34j. So it sits on a 2018 F53 chassis. I have about 5k miles on the rig. Friday we started on a 8-hour trip and about 1 hour into the trip every time I press on the gas a really obnoxious howling and hissing sound starts and it gets louder as the engine revs harder and you can hear in the video that it gets really bad as it shifts down. Towards the end of the video you can hear as I level out that it gets quieter. This has never happened before and started again about 1 hour into the trip on Friday. There are no lights or codes and no issues found when I scanned the onboard computer. I looked underneath the motorhome around the engine I don't see anything out of place but I'm not a mechanic. other than it being extremely loud and obnoxious I was able to complete about a 16-hour trip over the course of 2 days. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thank you

The video starts with the hissing already pretty loud. Please watch the whole video and again you'll hear what normal sounds at the end of the video.

https://youtu.be/t0brtXYxn2E

Here is another video. You can hear in this video I'm pressing the gas and letting it up repeatedly for demonstration.

https://youtu.be/ZIpKAvN9vbQ

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum