Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 09:48 PM   #7
Cabreco

Brand: Dutchmen
State: Tennessee
THOR #18972
What was confusing me is that with the switch turned to rear BOTH a/c units work WHEN ON GENERATOR. Then I did the math. My 5000 watt generator is capable of near 42 amps. ( 5000 watts ÷120 volts. ) It has 2, 120 volt outputs one 30 amp output goes to the main input and second 20 amp output, to the second air conditioner.

On 30 amp shore power 2 a/c exceeds that draw.

16ACE27 good idea on the second line to the 20 amp shore power

Bob Denman the old Colemans draw 23 amps to start 10.4amps running. The math explains it. I could "technically" get them working but the minute one fires up and the other is running it would draw 33.4 amps and POP GOES THE BREAKER!

Thanks everyone for the help. I guess I will deal with this for another year or so then upgrade!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum